Sunday 10 January 2010

Hello 2010, Hello healthy eating!

Salaam world

Okay I know it's been quite some time since I last posted anything but before I carry on, New Year's Greetings to you all :-) Start of a new decade, era and also chapter for some of us and guess what, we're already 10 days into it!!!

Aside from stuffing my face with food (and then immediately regretting it, hehehee!) I've been super busy with the usual holiday things: shopping, spending time with the family, wasting time watching movies I wouldn't pay a penny for, amongst other laborious tasks such as marking coursework, plus sorting out the piles of mess inside my wardrobes!

I really should not allow myself to get into these time wasting clean up sessions but should instead sort it out as soon as I can, rather than have it all spill out of the wardrobe first, but what can I do, laziness is a nuisance(!) Which brings me quite nicely onto the topic of resolutions...

I've come across what I think is a fab guidebook to 2010 where a comprehensive list of resolutions may be found, it definitely is worth a peek folks. I've become so inspired in fact, that I may print them off, section by section and stick them around my study! In addition to trying to adhere to the guidelines found in the aforementioned booklet, I'm working on some of my own.

From a healthy eating perspective I have four simple rules that I want to bear in mind:
  1. Eat more fruit and veg: fresh, canned, tinned, rotting #I want it all#
  2. Drink lots of water: this is a big one for me, as I just cannot seem to drink enough. Maybe lugging around a pint of water in a placcy bottle will push me to do this...
  3. Cut back on sugar: in/on foods/drinks. This is another big one for me as I have one of the worst sweeth tooths, like ever. I have the cavities to prove it *blush*
  4. Cut back on the processed foods: frozen pizzas, take-away junk, biscuits, basically anything with additives and other B.A.D and harmful things injected into foods to preserve their shelf life.
The reason I want to follow these simple rules is actually quite a vain one. I want to go back to the body shape I had before I got married, circa 2007. Since then, I have managed to go from 8.5 stones to 9 stones and although this may sound pathetic, I want to go back to my normal size 8 clothes. Most of the stuff just about fits although it's a squeeze most of the time. I know that if I can go back to my old weight, not only will I feel good about maintaining the weight I naturally had done all my life (I weighed around 8.5 stones for a good 10 years or so!) but I will also save money by not having to buy new bigger clothes - DON'T LAUGH! :-P Hopefully I will lose a bit of weight before my Master's graduation before the middle of Feb! Eeehhh! Pressuuurre!

That's not to say by the way that I'm complacent with other aspects of my life: family, career, personal etc, but rather I am still mulling over these things to still figure it all out :-)

Anyway, for now, good bye my little friends...

Strawberries dipped in chocolate/sesame seeds. Yum.

2 comments:

Cosmic Cook said...

I somehow seem to have a love-hate relationship with water too. I just wish I was the sort of a person that couldn't live without water.

I am hoping to loose weight too but instead of cutting down on sugar and carbs, I was secretly hoping of hiring a personal trainer. But yes, I am dreaming!

BTW As a personal trainer one can earn over £35 per hour. I think I need to think of a change of career :)

- Cosmic Cook

mint.fresh.muslim said...

Hey Comic Cook! Welcome and thanks for stopping by :-) Wouldn't it be great if we all had a relative or best friend who would actually want to whip us into shape! Yes, I'm dreaming too! I'm glad I'm not the only one with the "water sickness" thing, I don't know people can drink pints of the stuff without wanting to vomit! lol. Perserverence eh!